As an innovator in the road racing industry, the Syracuse Half Marathon is excited to announce something that [to our knowledge], has never been done before. We have created a contest called “5 for 5” and will be offering $1,000 to each of the first 5 preferred entrants on Tuesday, March 13th at 11:11am EST.
For complete contest terms and conditions, please click below:
Terms & Conditions
5 for 5 Terms & Conditions
• On March 13, 2018, at 11:11 a.m (EST), registration for Preferred Runners1 opens for the Syracuse Half Marathon. The first five (5) people to complete their registration with accurate2 information will be awarded $1,000 USD.
• The first five (5) entrants will be determined by the order they appear on our registration platform’s entry log.
• Contest will be start at 11:11 a.m. (EST) on 3.13.2018 and end at 11:10 a.m. on 3.15.2018.
• Any employee or family member of an employee of any Syracuse Half Marathon (Upstate Event Management LLC) sponsors are not eligible for this prize. Entrants must be 18 or older to qualify.
• Winners will be notified by e-mail and checks will be mailed the first week of April 2018.
• Winner(s) must fill out an IRS W-9 form before remittance of winnings would occur.
• Race Committee has final determination on dissemination of prizes.
1. A preferred entrant is anyone who has registered for the Syracuse Half Marathon from 2014 – 2017.
2. Accurate information is defined as giving an honest effort to provide correct information on the online registration document that can be verified from previous year’s registration data.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to Preferred Entrants who can register for the Syracuse Half Marathon and are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. This Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees and sponsors of the Upstate Event Management, LLC., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Upstate Event Management, LLC. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 3.13.18 at 11:11 a.m. EST (Eastern Standard Time) and end 3.15.18 at 11:10 a.m. EST for the Preferred Entrant Contest and start on 3.15.18 at 11:11 a.m. and end at 3.17.18 at 11:59 p.m. for Open Entry Contest. All online entries must be received by the deadline stated above.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting your online registration for the Syracuse Half Marathon (https://www.syracusehalf.com/registration/event-registration/). The registration must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified as the sole discretion of the Upstate Event Management, LLC. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your entry into the Contest may be removed at the sole discretion of the Upstate Event Management, LLC.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest, the first 5 Preferred Registrants of the race, (the “Winner”) will receive a check for $1,000 USD. All prize-related expenses, including without limitations all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Upstate Event Management, LLC. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Notification: Winner(s) will be selected based on when they registered for the race and compliance of Contest rules and eligibility requirements. Winner will be notified by e-mail within fifteen (15) business days of Contest ending. Upstate Event Management, LLC. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provisions of incorrect or other non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 business days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER AT UPSTATE EVENT MANAGEMENT’S SOLE DISCRETION WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFCATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: Be entering this Contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Upstate Event Management, anyone acting on behalf of Upstate Event Management, and Upstate Event Management’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, and public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
8. Terms & Conditions: Upstate Event Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Upstate Event Management’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Syracuse Half Marathon may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Upstate Event Management. Upstate Event Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Upstate Event Management has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void duplicate entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer more than the allowed Contest rules; or by use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt by made, Upstate Event Management, reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Upstate Event Management LLC, Bickel Advisory Services (dba Runsignup.com) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuses of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including by not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: This Contest is GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND NEW YORK STATE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connect with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a course located in New York State having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all right to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Social Media: The Contest hosted by Upstate Event Management is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Upstate Event Management 112 Pickard Dr. Syracuse, NY 13211.