2017 Syracuse Half Marathon Race Weekend Information
Syracuse’s largest and most popular road race would like to thank you for joining us this weekend! You and over 6,000 other runners will hit the streets of Syracuse this Sunday and we wanted to give you some information to make your experience as enjoyable and safe as possible.
- Early Packet Pick-Ups Encouraged: Please come to Fleet Feet Sports Syracuse (5800 Bridge St, East Syracuse), the official running store partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon, to pick up your race materials. Hours of packet pick-up will be 11am – 7pm on Thursday, March 23, 11am – 7pm on Friday, March 24, and 9am – 5pm on Saturday, March 25. Here’s what’s happening at our packet pick-up:
- Pick up your race bib with timing chip, hoodie, and any additional merchandise you may have ordered
- Fleet Feet Sports Ban The Blizzard Luau Party
Hoodie Size Exchange: All runners must take the size they selected during registration. Since we have over 6,000 runners, we understand that a large amount of you may want a different size than the one you selected and receive. This is reasonable and you will have a chance to exchange your size AFTER the race (9am Sunday). Shirt swaps will be located at the RACE INFO room.
- Race Day Packet Pick-Up: On race day between 6:00 am and 7:15 am inside the Oncenter. Please arrive by 6:45am so that we can start the race promptly.
RACE INFO – PACKET PICK UP – BAG CHECK – CHANGING ROOMS ARE NOW LOCATED DOWNSTAIRS
- Race Parking: See map below and plan on arriving by 6:45am. Roads surrounding the Oncenter will begin to close at 6:30am.
- Shuttle Service: NEW FOR 2017! Shuttles will transport runners from Destiny USA (Solar St parking lots) to the Oncenter from 5:30am – 7:15am. This address is 587 Solar St, Syracuse, NY
Shuttles will return runners from 9:30am – 12pm (noon). Shuttle stop at the Oncenter will be on the corner of Montgomery St & Harrison St
- Oncenter Restrooms: There will be plenty of restrooms available inside the Oncenter in Exhibit Hall B, Exhibit Hall A, and downstairs. There will also be plenty of porta potties near the finish line. If you notice a line forming at a restroom, another one will probably be open! Oncenter staff will be monitoring each location and restocking toilet paper and cleaning throughout the morning.
- WOMEN ONLY changing rooms (NEW FOR 2017!) will be located downstairs in a secure area by race info and bag check. Please do not change in the restrooms.
- Course Restrooms: Porta Potties will be located at all aid stations. Each set of porta potties will be placed slightly (100 – 200ft) PAST each aid station.
- Ready, Set, Go…. The race will start at 7:45am. Runners will have dedicated, coned-off lanes, but cars may be on the same street. We ask that no one run with headphones, iPods, dogs, strollers, or anything of this nature.This is for your safety, as we want you to be fully aware of your surroundings. Please line up according to a realistic pace that you plan to run. Up front we will have the elite athletes and the sub-7 min per mile pace. This will be followed by the 7-min to 9-min per mile pace, 9-11, and 11+. We have an on-course time limit of 3 hours and 15 minutes, at which point the course will be closed and re-opened to traffic. Please be advised that if you do not reach the 10K mark by 9:25 am, you may be asked politely to use the sidewalk and obey all traffic laws.
- 8. Aid Stations & Medical Support. There will be seven (7) aid stations on the course. These are located approximately every 2 miles. Each aid station will have Gatorade and water. Aid stations 3, 4, 5, & 6 will have GU energy gels (Lemon Lime Sublime, Espresso Love, and Roctane Chocolate Raspberry). We do ask that you help us keep this course clean and put your trash in the trash can and trash bags at the aid stations if possible.
Aid Station # 1 – Sponsored by CNY Bread Run
Aid Station # 2 – Sponsored by Tully Girls Track & Field
Aid Station # 3 – Sponsored by Lemoyne Women’s Soccer
Aid Station # 4 – Sponsored by Charity for Children, Good Samaritan Run, and Show Your Swell
Aid Station #5 – Sponsored by Peak to Brew and Upstate Stroke Team
Aid Station #6 – Sponsored by Kitty Hoynes
Aid Station #7 – Sponsored by Chittenango Track & Field
AMR (Rural Metro – EMT) will have ambulances in several locations throughout the course. If you find yourself injured, please tell one of our volunteers. They will have a member of our medical team assist you.
Sag Vehicle: We will have a First Student school bus following the last runner if anyone needs to drop out. If this is too long of a wait, please tell a volunteer and we’ll have a course official pick you up in their vehicle.
On-Site Physicians will be located inside Gallagher Hall.
9. Awards Ceremony: At 10:00am, we will present donation checks to the Shamrock Animal Fund (www.shamrockanimalfund.com), Priscilla Mahar Animal Foundation (www.pmawf.org), Wanderers Rest (www.wanderersrest.org), and Pibbles and More Animal Rescue (www.pmarinc.org). Following this presentation, we will be presenting awards for the top 3 overall in each gender. AGE GROUP AWARD winners can pick up their award beginning at 9:45 at the tables near the main stage.Team awards are presented by:
10. Bib Placement: Each bib has a timing chip secured to it. Please place your bib on your outermost running garment. Do not cover up your bib. In order to cross the finish line, your bib must be visible. This ensures timing results and accuracy.
11. Pre-and Post-Race Food: Before or after the race, make sure you stop by to see some of our sponsors and other local races. Once you finish, head back inside the Oncenter for the TOPS Post-Race Party and a hot pancake breakfast. Here you can also enjoy the music of The Custom Taylor Band! Menu for runners includes:
- Pancakes (3)
- Bacon and Sausage (2)
- Chocolate Milk (Byrne Dairy)
- Yogurt (Chobani)
- Pizza from Gino & Joe’s
- Bagels / Cream Cheese
- Fresh Fruit (Apples & Bananas)
- Kool Aid Juice Boxes
- Granola Bars
- Monster Energy Drinks
- Soda (Pepsi Products)
Thank You Tops Friendly Market, Byrne Dairy, Chobani, and Gino & Joes
- Coffee: Dunkin Donuts will be located outside of the Oncenter on State Street
- Beer!: Michelob Ultra, Ommegang Nirvana, and Ommegang Witte will be served from 10am – noon. Must have photo ID and be 21+. No exceptions
- Pictures: Our official photographer is Trent Wellott photography. There will be several spots on the course where you will be photographed. Photos can be purchased when they are available after the race: http://twphoto.us/
- Results: Live results will be posted at www.leonetiming.com. Following the race, please check their website for your official time and place. You may also visit our results computer kiosk stations location in Exhibit Hall B.
- Video Boards: Immediately following your amazing 13.1 mile tour of Syracuse, come inside and get your picture taken with your name and time in front of our large video boards.
- Runner Tracking: Have your friends or family track you at the 5k, 10k, 15k, and finish via facebook, text message, twitter, or email here:
- Product and Merchandise Pick-Up: Pre-ordered products can be picked up at the expo at Fleet Feet and on Race Day at the CNY Racing tent inside Exhibit Hall B.
- Apparel Purchases: CNY Racing will be inside the Oncenter selling official Syracuse Half Marathon gear! They accept credit card, cash, or check.
- Bag Check:For those who would like to check a bag, we provide this service inside of the Oncenter starting at 6:00am. Bag check is located downstairs. Please ensure that your items are in a clear plastic bag.
- Spectator Food: Non-runners may purchase a hot food ticket in the RACE INFO room for $5.00 (cash only).
- Bull & Bear Roadhouse will be onsite sampling cornbread with chili, topped with cheese, sour cream, and chives – yum!
- Entertainment NEW FOR 2017!: The Custom Taylor Band will be playing on the main stage in exhibit hall A. Downstairs is professional group karaoke provided by Singers! Get your dancing shoes on or be prepared to sing!
- Run Your Faith will be located inside the Oncenter collecting new or slightly used running sneakers. Visit www.emmausministry.org for more info.
- Weather / Course Conditions: Please monitor weather conditions leading up to the race and dress appropriately. Layers are always best!
If we have any important weather or safety information, we will send you an emergency text or SMS message.
- Original Grain: Present your race bib at Original Grain on race day to receive 10% off your order!
- Vendors and races you will see at the Syracuse Half Marathon:
Fleet Feet Syracuse – Official Running Store Partner of the Syracuse Half
Show Your Swell 5K – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Good Samaritan 5K – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
CNY Bread Run – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Paige’s Butterfly Run – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Brooks Running – Official Running Shoe Sponsor
CNY Racing – Official Syracuse Half Marathon merchandise
Fay-Man 5k & Muddy Hornet Challenge – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
CNY Komen Race for the Cure – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Charity for Children 8k – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Friends of Camillus Park Dash to the Splash – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
HOPE for Bereaved 8k – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Step Up 4 Kids 5k – Race partner of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Ragnar Relay Series – Race partner and team award of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Peak to Brew Relay – Race partner and team award of the Syracuse Half Marathon
Aftershokz – Hear your music and the world around you!
Saunacuse – Visit our friends from Saunacuse for your pre- and post-race infrared sauna sessions and save $5.00 on a single session or 10% off any package purchase! Simply present this email or your race bib at the time of your appointment to receive the discount. (Limit to one per customer. Offer expires 5/31/17). Learn more about the health benefits of infrared sauna therapy at saunacuse.com or visit @saunacuse on facebook, twitter ,and instagram
Feel free to stop by and check out each of these awesome groups!
Upstate Event Management, LLC wants to thank our corporate sponsors, volunteers, medical staff, City of Syracuse Police, City of Syracuse, and everyone involved. Without you, this event would not be possible!
See you this weekend at the Syracuse Half Marathon! #runthecuse #syracusehalf